So where do we start?
Best case, you have the time and the resources to take on all six phases. In reality, most organizations have to make some compromises about what they do this planning cycle and what they will do deeper next time. Every organization has unique circumstances and it is not a “one size fits all” process. So how do we choose?
Get started by planning for the plan
Strategic planning is a journey that involves people’s time, energy and budget. To avoid common pitfalls and increase your return on investment, we suggest you take the time to plan the strategic planning process.
What you will achieve by completing this step:
- Roles and responsibilities are clearly laid out
- A timeline is set
- Past planning has been evaluated and learning incorporated
- Existing information has been collected and reviewed
- The scope of planning work has been articulated
- Expeditors and barriers have been identified.